Friday, October 05, 2012

Burrr... It's Cold. Let's try some warm Raspberry Coffee

Finally... South Dakota is starting to feel like... well, South Dakota.  It was actually 80' the other day which is not normal for us!  But I wake up this morning and am actually a bit chilly and I smile.  I feel good.  I am totally in love with the fall and this morning was just perfect with the sharp breeze and the crunchy leaves.  I love it.  I decide to make a nice, warm cup of coffee while my youngest eats breakfast.  Warm Raspberry Coffee. 

My totally awesome Grandma had given me a gift last winter of a water heater.  No... not the normal type of water heater, it's for the kitchen.  Looks like a normal, plastic pitcher.  You plug it in, fill it with as much water as you need & turn it on.  It boils your water in just a few minutes.  (Great for instant mac 'n cheese, Ramen noodles, oatmeal or any type of hot drink.)  I looked it up online and they call it an Electric Kettle from Rival.  This is what it looks like.  

Anyway....  So we don't drink enough coffee in my house to warrant a coffee maker, so I do instant.  Oooh... I know.  But I don't mind.  I play around with the different things you can do to it, and so far this is my favorite!! 

RASPBERRY COFFEE:
INGREDIENTS: 
Cold Milk
Hot cocoa mix/powder
Sweetened Condensed Milk
Torani Raspberry Syrup
Strong Coffee

DIRECTIONS:
1) Fill your mug about 1/3 full with cold milk
2) Mix in 1/2 small spoon of hot cocoa mix, 1 full spoon of sweetened condensed milk and 1 to 2 spoonfuls of Torani Raspberry flavor syrup.  The amount depends on how strong you want the flavor.  (I have some syrup leftover from my Italian Sodas I made awhile back.)
3) Mix well in the mug then add in your strong coffee you just made with the awesome water heater thingy.  Mix it all together real well and consume on a nice, chilly morning while you're adorable boy eats breakfast.


To add to the feeling of the day, I decided to put out my new Goodwill find: Ghost Candle Holder.  It was only $.50 and I love it.  Add a candle glow and ooooh, it's awesome.


Enjoy the cold weather....  Fall is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment