Friday, June 20, 2014

Pork, Potatoes & Tomatoes

I guess, some days I just feel like making beans & weenies and some days I want to be adventurous and make things I've never tried before.  I found a new recipe on facebook for pork tenderloins and pinned one for mash-potatoe-cakes.  So I decided to try them both and add in some Parmesan tomatoes.  None of these were my own recipes, I copied straight from the original posters.... so here's the links & few things I've added or changed: 

Pork: 

I made the pork according to the directions - however, in the end I wanted more 'sauce'.  So I mixed in the cooking juices along with a blop of brown sugar and a good squirt of yellow mustard.  It was not as thick as I wanted it, but it was delicious way to top the pork!

Mashed Potato Cakes:

The ONLY thing I changed here was that I used panko bread crumbs to the mixture instead of some flour.  It gave it a good crunch and seemed to hold it together better.

Parmesan Tomatoes:

The one thing different I did with these is I don't bake them, as it says.... I just pop them under the broiler until they look crispy and done.  YUMMY!



Everything turned out wonderful and tasted delicious.... I just wish it wasn't all sort of, the same color.  I know you've heard me say it before.... my food may not always LOOK correct or great, but it tastes good.  LOL. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment