Sunday, June 15, 2014

Camping: Dessert Apples

So... I wanted to also find a simple dessert that wasn't too heavy.  My boys will sit and eat apples all day if I let them, so I decided to find an easy apple dessert.  Searching all my pins - and success!!

INGREDIENTS:
Apples: peeled and sliced, not too thin
Few tablespoons of lemon juice
Brown sugar
Marshmallows
((Forgive me for not measuring my ingredients.... by now you should know I don't like to measure unless it's absolutely necessary.  lol))

DIRECTIONS:
* Peel and slice apples ahead of your camping trip.  Lightly coat with few tablespoons of lemon juice to keep them from browning.  (I made my apples the day before camping and we ate them on day 2 of  camping and they still weren't brown.  Yay!)
* Place all your apples in a pot safe to use on the grill, or over an open flame
* Put a good amount of brown sugar on top of the apples.... I'd say I did about a cup over my 5 apples
* Top with a handful of marshmallows.... stir all together.
* Cook over the grill until the apples are tender then devour!!

Man.... my boys were SO happy eating this... warmed up their tummies on such a chilly camping night!




No comments:

Post a Comment