Thursday, May 22, 2014

Rhubarb Jam

So.... I got another batch of rhubarb picked and it was another hefty load!  Yay!!  I'm going to do something fancy with some of it, but thought since I had so much, I'd make jam out of it.  I have this thing with jams and butters - - I DO so enjoy making butters and jams!!

Super easy... for the most part.  (Note: I'm not canning this... just making it to use it right away.)

Add 5 cups of chopped rhubarb to a large pot on stove.
Next add 2 cups of white sugar.

Then add 3/4 cup of orange juice & turn onto med/high heat.

Keep an eye on it -- bring it to a boil then let simmer for a long time.
The rhubarb will become soft and start falling apart - - yay!!
I let my simmer for close to 3 hours, stirring it quite a bit from time to time,
then put it aside and let it cool.  

Once it's completely cooled, I put it in a jar.



I also put some on toast and ate it with my boys - - it's a bit sweet and sour, it was wonderful!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment