Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Mango Chutney

I've got to do another shout out to this wonderful website for authentic Trinidadian food!!!  My oldest son had a school project where he had to pick a country & do a presentation.  They also had to have at least 100 servings of authentic food.... so of course that means the moms all had homework to do, as well.

Because of our close friend being from Trinidad and readily available for assistance on my son's project, he chose Trinidad.  (Sadly, a lot of people in his class has never even heard of it.  Oh, my.)  He did the work - I did the cooking.  I used the same website that I've mentioned before:  http://www.cookingwithria.com/p/meal-ideas.html

I made mango chutney, with the croissants as the pholourie and small servings of fig punch (banana/peanut butter).  Thankful for the punch, because I may have overdone the peppers in the chutney and it was a bit spicy!  However, many parents and kids came back for seconds, many teachers asked for the recipes and everyone seemed to enjoy the presentation as a whole!!  Yay!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy! I just stumbled upon your post about my website! Thank you so much for the mention. It looks like a great presentation! I will be checking out your blog soon!! :-)

    ReplyDelete