Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bacon Pancakes, Makin Bacon Pancakes....



Christopher, my husband, had this once as his ringtone.  It's from a cartoon my boys all watch & love.... and I actually find it quite funny, too.  However - this song is HORRIBLY annoying because it sticks in your head worse than The Song That Never Ends!!!

Today is Chris's birthday and he loves breakfast, so what's better than breakfast for supper??  I'm going to make him eggs & chorizo (Ugh Chorizo - I don't like how greasy it is, but he loves it...), pears with raspberries and granola..... AND...... BACON PANCAKES!!

I've found a few different ways online to make bacon pancakes and a few of them made the bacon soggy.  That is a shame to bacon!  I like crispy, crunchity bacon, so (in 'me-fashion') I winged it.  I baked the bacon first until almost done.  I then poured out my batter like normal but placed the bacon pieces on top.  Sprinkled on some cinnamon (cuz Chris likes them like that) and flipped when ready.  The bacon sizzled up nicely (a FEW got a little too dark.... Ooops) and they looked totally yummy!! 


See how good they look?  

If interested - here's the whole menu for my husband birthday meal.  I have to say it - it's NOT what I would like, but it's his day.... so his choice.  

Pears w/raspberries & granola
Scrambled eggs w/chorizo & cheese
Bacon pancakes with strawberry syrup

Happy Birthday my love!!!  
** Bacon pancakes, makin bacon pancakes.  Bacon Pan-CAKES!!! **

No comments:

Post a Comment