Thursday, September 20, 2012

Apples!!


Last weekend, I took all my boys to the Apple Festival at the local Apple Orchard and we had a blast!!  We have gone a few times and I tend to forget that it's for fun.... NOT necessarily to get apples.  I buy too many bags to fill up while we're out in the orchard and thus... end up with way more apples than we need!  (And spend more money than I'd like, but it's for the 'experience', right??  I keep telling myself that.  lol)


So now... what to do with all these apples??  My littlest boy, Micah, LOVES apples and he can eat and eat and eat them, so that takes care of a few, but we are still left with FOUR bags of apples that I need to find recipes for.


Unfortunately, I have NO idea what kinds of apples we have.  There are signs at the beginning of each row of trees, but we don't tend to follow the lines very well - - we didn't go up and down the rows, to keep track.  Oh no!!  We weaved in & out, back & forth, side to side.... and have NO clue what types of apples we have.  

** ALL my boys.  I love them so much!!  **

Now I'm on a hunt for some yummy, creative and fun apple recipes to use up my stash.  Whenever I find some... I will, of course, let you know how they go.  Good, bad and yummy!!

Oh.... these apples!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment